All jobs within ASAP must be associated with a customer record that contains a valid property address.
This customer information is then used in various places throughout ASAP, for example:
- A customer’s email address will be utilised for sending emails through ASAP, either manual or automatic
- A customer’s property address can be utilised for filtering possible field workers or determining which calculations should apply to the job
- Any customer details can be mapped to a forms & emails
Adding a Customer
A customer record is automatically generated through the mandatory fields provided when creating a new job on either Runabout (Android App) or ASAP.
Editing a Customer
Once created, a customer’s details can be updated through a job’s customer tab.
When a change is made to a customer record, it is stored as a new version meaning changes can be undone by restoring previous customer records.
To do this, simply selected the required record from the Change History drop down.
### Address Validation
ASAP will attempt to validate the address if the street address has changed during modification.
Validation consists of two checks:
- The Suburb and postcode exist.
- The given suburb is within the Sales Territory/Contract Area assigned to the Jobs Agent.
- The address can be matched to a known address in the Geocoded National Address File.
Suburb or Postcode do not exist or Outside Contract Area
When an operator enters a value into Suburb or Postcode field and or changes the State a background check is run that verifies the suburb/postcode combination exists and is within the allowed contract area. The below screen shots shows a failure as the suburb is not found in the state of TAS.
- The Suburb/Postcode/State fields are shown in red.
- No match on an LGA
If the operator attempts to save this customer they will receive an error message ‘BRUNSWICK’ is outside the contract area. The operator must correct the problem suburb/postcode combination before they can continue.
Measure to correct this block
- Verify the spelling of suburb.
- Add the jobs agent to the given postcode.
- Add Suburb and Postcode into ASAP database through the suburbs editor.
Address Validation Failed.
The address validator is run when the update button is clicked and only run after the suburb/postcode verification. The validator can return:
- Address Invalid and unable to make suggestions
- Address is Invalid but has suggestions on other addresses that may match.
- Address Valid and complete.
- Address is Valid but incomplete and has been fixed by the validator.
Address Invalid and unable to make suggestions
The above screen shot is returned when the address is invalid and have no suggestions an operator can continue with the current address or click cancel to change the details and try again.
If they continued the address would show as invalid and require a justification reason which can be done by an operator after the current address is saved for example see screen shot below.
To save this justification the operator must click the update button again and once a justification reason is supplied the address validator will not be run.
Address is Invalid but has suggestions on other addresses that may match.
If the address validator returns suggestions they are listed as above. If the operator wishes to use the current address they click the Ok button but if they wish to use one of the suggested address the operator can click the address line this suggestion will populate into the customer tab and the operator must again click the update button.
Address is Valid but incomplete and has been fixed by the validator.
If the address validator returns a corrected address the operator will be asked if they wish to use this corrected address. If they click ‘Use Corrected Address’(green) ASAP will continue and save the address with these corrections. If the operator wishes to use the current address they click the ‘Not Use Corrected Address’ (red) button and can enter a justification reason.